It is simple to delete a Google Analytics account. It is difficult to have it restored!
If you are on the edge of your seat panicking then calm down as the answer is here.
First of all Google Analytics is a FREE service, and as such there is no telephone support. However there IS telephone support, for AdWords. And AdWords required Analytics to get the most of a Pay Per Click campaign.
So here goes:
1) If you have an AdWords account – get your customer ID number. If you do not have one, create one quickly
2) Next click here for Google support. Click for your local phone number.
3) Have your
- Google Analytics account number – begins with UA – you can find this in your website source code
- Have your Google ADWords Customer ID number – top right of your AdWords page
- The email address of the user who accidentally deleted the account.
4) They will email you at an admin user email address to get permission to recover the account
5) Make sure you can access the email and REPLY from it
6) Your reply needs to include this text
I authorise Google to modify my Google Analytics account in the following way(s):
Requested change: Reactivate Analytics Account
Account email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer ID: UA-12345678
Takes about half an hour to get the account restored.
Click to find out more about our web services