I attended a networking event a few weeks ago. I was approached by an “SEO company”. They wanted me to train them.
I asked what they did at the moment and they said “we submit the website to search engines”. This can be done at the touch of a bottom and is one minor action that is required alongside about 200 others.
Always look out for:
- Those who guarantee a position one on Google – impossible to guarantee
- Those who claim to get fast results – fast is BAD – slow and consistent works!
- What SEO is and what results you could hope to see (ensure that they know what they are trying to achieve for you)
- What your keywords will be (and do you get to choose them)
- To see some CURRENT results
If the SEO company uses unethical practices then your website can be sand boxed by Google.
This means that Google will not return the website in any results. It can take quite a while to rectify the situation.
Finally, sorry, cheesy but I have to say….if you are looking for a fantastic SEO company which loves each and every customer, appreciates their business and is as the same time busy and not desperate, call Calder Web Marketing.